ICELAND OIL LTD.
Olís is one of the 30 largest companies in Iceland with approximately 420 employes in 2012.
The company was founded October 3rd, 1927 and is the oldest oil company on Iceland. The firm has conformed to the development of the Icelandic economy since its founding, and is better known today as Olís, but the operations of the firm are divided into three main divisions: The sales division, the logistics division and the finance division, in addition to the supportive divisions of marketing and personnel. The firm operates a number of service stations under the trademark of Olís, in addition to the self-serve stations under the brand name of ÓB - inexpensive fuel. In 1999, Iceland Oil ltd purchased all shares in Ellingsen, which was then consolidated to the holding company in 2001. The comapny also owns all shares in subsidiaries companies Hátækni and ísmar.
The mission of Iceland Oil ltd
- Is to be a leading outlet and service establishment on the organizational and individual market. The goal of the company is to offer our customers high quality, competitive merchandise at a competitive price, as well as a flexible sale and service system nationwide. Iceland Oil specialises in the sale and service of fuel, in addition to various necessities for car owners, merchandise for outdoor activities and travel, and a multifarious service for fisheries, contractors and transport services nationwide.
Direction and objective
A leading outlet and service establishment
Iceland Oil ltd is an outlet and service establishment for the organisational and individual market that offers high quality, competitive merchandise, and operates a leading sales and service system. Iceland Oil sells fuel and other supplies, such as lubricating oil, cleaning products and substances, as well as general consumer goods to companies and individuals. Iceland Oil provides resources with import and purchases from domestic suppliers as is feasible. Iceland Oil invests in industries in fields that relate to or support the primary operations of the company. The firm also monitors profitable opportunities in new fields.
The primary objective of Iceland Oil ltd is to be acknowledged as a leading enterprise in its field in Iceland, in terms of profitability, customer service, merchandise quality, environmental protection and a positive image, with special emphasis on environmental and humanitarian issues.
Means to obtaining primary target
- Specialized personnel
- Excellent service
- Minimized cost
- Flexible information system and the latest information technology available
- Great adaptability
- Uncomplicated work procedures
- Responsibility, independence and disciplined work ethics based on objective statements and result appraisals.
- Encouragement of creativity and the utilization of innovative problem solving.